Thursday 6 July 2017

ISSNs for ALCS

I've found this link, which shows you how to obtain the ISSN for any magazine. As I'm currently travelling, that's the best I can do for now – but actually it's probably better than a list, which I might misstype and which will undoubtedly soon become out of date.

Many, but not all, magazines also give the ISSN on the first or large page along with things such as their registered address and copyright information. (You'll need to look at a copy to check the title your story was published under.)

If you're wondering what an ISSN is, or why you'd need one, take a look at these posts.

As I don't have a womag with me to illustrate this pst, I'm using a few pictures from our trip. If you'd like to see more, take a look at my other blog, or on Facebook.

There's a more recent post on this topic, giving many of the ISSNs here.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you, Patsy. I've just sent off my ALCS application form and will be a member soon! I agree that it's better for us to find the ISSN number for ourselves, otherwise we risk submitting out of date information if you aren't able to keep updating the list (and I'm sure you've got better things to do with your time!) Lovely pics by the way x

Anonymous said...

Many thanks, Patsy - much appreciated. Good wishes KH

Sally Jenkins said...

Just filling in a DACS claim. They recommend this website for finding ISSNs. Type in the magazine title and it comes up with a list of options from around the world - we would need to look for the UK magazine.
https://portal.issn.org/

Patsy said...

Thanks, Sally – I'll add that info to the main ISSN post.

Patsy said...

Main ISSN post is here – https://womagwriter.blogspot.com/2019/11/issns.html